These muffins are light, moist, tasty and FABULOUS the next day as well. Entirely free of added sugar, they are sweet enough with the rounded 1/4 tsp of pure stevia (I use this one: http://www.healthpost.co.nz/shop-by-brand/supplements-and-natural-health/radiance/stevia-sweet–stevia-extract-rdstvp.html). TOTALLY guilt-free and nutritious for the whole family!!! I. AM. STOKED.
Blueberry & Yoghurt Muffins LF GF SF
¼ cup white rice flour
¼ cup brown rice flour
¼ cup coconut flour
¼ cup tapioca starch
¼ cup potato starch
1 tsp xanthan gum
¼ tsp (slightly heaping) pure stevia powder (I use Radiance Stevia Sweet which you can find here: http://www.healthbylogic.co.nz/product_info.php?products_id=499)
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder GF
½ tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
4 eggs, lightly beaten
100g butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup yoghurt, lactose free
1 cup blueberries (frozen is fine)
Buckwheat groats (optional)
1. Sift together dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
2. Mix wet ingredients together.
3. Gently fold blueberries into dry ingredient mixture and add wet ingredients, folding gently until just combined.
4. Pour into oil-sprayed muffin tins (makes 12 regular size), sprinkle on buckwheat groats and some extra cinnamon, if desired, and bake at 170C fan bake for 18minutes (check if they’re done with a toothpick)
5. Cool in tin for 5 minutes before carefully removing to a wire rack to cool completely (or serve warm).