If you don’t have all of the ingredients, just use what you have on hand. 🙂 I like this as an afternoon tea treat that’s nutritious. It’d be FODMAP friendly if you have only one piece, and you can make it dairy free by omitting the butter, and use more coconut oil instead.
Raw coconut, maca, cacao, nut & seed slice
¾ cup virgin, unrefined coconut oil
¼ cup butter, salted
2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
1/8 tsp Radiance Stevia Sweet*
1 tsp maca powder
½ cup unsweetened coconut
½ cup oats, coarsely ground
¼ cup ground flaxseed
¼ cup coarsely chopped walnuts
¼ cup sunflower seeds
¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- In a saucepan, warm coconut oil and butter over a low heat until almost all melted, and remove from heat and stir till no lumps are left.
- Whisk in cacao, Stevia and maca.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Line 8 x 8” baking dish with baking paper and pour mixture in, spreading to even out to the edges.
- If desired, sift additional raw cacao over the top.
- Refrigerate about 2 hours, or until solid, then slice and serve.
- Store in the refrigerator and use within 5 days… OR store in the freezer and take out as required.
* 1/8 tsp of the Stevia I use (Radiance Stevia Sweet) is equal to the sweetness of about ½ cup sugar. Instead of using Stevia you can use honey or pure maple syrup to sweeten according to taste.
If you like nut butter or dried fruit you could also add as much of those as you like (I recommend around ¼ to ½ cup of each).